Glow & Go
- Resorcinol works by breaking down rough, scaly or hardened skin and is used to treat acne, eczema, psoriasis, seborrhea, photo aging, solar keratoses, epidermal atrophy and improves skin tone and unevenness.
- Kojik Acid works on melanocytes interfering with the production of melanin. It has excellent skin-lightening abilities and is classified as an antioxidant.
- Salicylic Acid is used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, oily skin, blackheads and whiteheads. It directly dissolves the keratin plugs to regulate the skins cells acting as an exfoliant. Salicylic acid improves collagen production and thickness of the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
Q: Can I wear makeup?
A: Yes, the next day.
Q: Can I wash my face?
A: Yes, we recommend 24 hours, but if it is the next day I usually say ok.
Q: Will I peel a lot?
A: Yes and no. Some clients peel a lot, it depends on what products you are currently using and if you exfoliate a lot or if you are a virgin to the skincare world. After an assessment I can give you my professional opinion.
Q: How long will I peel?
A: Every skin is different. Average is 3 days.
Don’t let the price stop you. It is worth every cent if not more! If you are a client of mine, you know I do not believe in peels or disrupting the skin barrier. I searched long and far to find this specialized peel from South Africa, suitable for all skin colors and types.
This special tried and tested technique achieves a true rejuvenation of the skin resulting in the dramatic improvement in its elasticity, texture and color which is unsurpassed in the field of exfoliation.
What is a Major Peel?
The Elaine Brennan Skin Renewal Peel is a deep, reliable exfoliation of the skin with no surprises. It is a 2 day, 2 hour treatment that while on the skin, begins the process of removing several of the top dead cells layers without any destruction of the epidermis. As the skin begins to shed, the dead, horny surface skin cells harden and form a thin crusty layer that later falls off to reveal a beautiful fresh appearance. Each peeling treatment restores the skin, stimulating regrowth and the basal cells. Rejuvenating and thickened many skin layers below.
It is recommended as a treatment for aging skin, especially the deep wrinkles of the upper lip but also works wonders for acne, pigmentation problems, blemishes and freckles. Another major benefit is the effects of the process continue for up to a year after. Most people initially require two to three Skin Renewal Peels to achieve the best result with this dramatically successful treatment. One annual maintenance peeling is recommended thereafter to maintain a fresh, smooth, glowing and problem free complexion.
6 – 10 days
- Day 1 and 2, subtle redness
- Day 3, a bit swollen with the appearance of a sunburn
- Day 4, the skin is tighter and one might look as though they have never used sunscreen
- Day 5, peeling begins around the mouth
- Day 6, full effect of peeling on the face while neck and forehead stay intact
- Day 7, normally will remove excess skin or if the peel is still intact will make an appointment
Q: Can I drive, go to the store, walk the dog?
A: Yes, if you are completely covered up with no facial exposure.
Q: Can I take a shower and wash my hair?
A: No, but you can take a bath but do NOT wash your hair.
Q: Can my stylist wash my hair and dry it?
A: Yes, if you have a towel over your face to ensure it does not get wet.
Q: Will I scare my kids or the pizza delivery person?
A: Maybe, but explain you will lovely in 5 more days.
Q: Can I sleep on my side?
A: This depends on your pain tolerance, but I suggest you sleep on your back.
Q: Can I go hiking, skiing, or to the beach the following week?
Q: Can I go hiking, skiing, or to the beach if I wear a hat, sunblock, and sunglasses?
Q: Do I really lay down for 2 hours 2 days in a row with this peel on my face?
Q: Does it hurt?
A: Not really, you have a fan.
Q: Does it hurt more the 2nd day?